st: Re: wmf

From   Christopher F Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: wmf
Date   Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:23:43 -0400

On Aug 21, 2004, at 2:33 AM, Guillaime wrote:

Subject: st: Graph related suggestion for Stata Corp

Dear Statalisters: recently I have been told (on the list) that one
potential disadvantage of Stat for Unix is that it cannot translate into
windows metafile. Would it be possible (I mean technically) for Stata to
have on their website an online gph to wmf translator? Acrobat for instance
offers the possibility to create pdf documents online.

Best,
The list archives contain a discussion of this issue, pointing to freely available programs for Windows that will do such translation between a variety of common formats. Stata for Unix creates eps files, and there should be no problem finding an eps->wmf translator (if one really wants wmfs, which are a rather inferior graphics standard). It can then be invoked via !grtranslate whatever.eps whatever.wmf (assuming the app's name is grtranslate) in a do-file.

Kit

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/