Re: st: Unpublicised -color- command in dialogs

From   [email protected] (James Hassell)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Unpublicised -color- command in dialogs
Date   Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:03:18 -0500

Roger Newson wrote:

>2. In the dialogs for -graph twoway-, the Scheme combobox on the Overall
>tab should ideally be an ordinary dropdown combobox, instead of being a
>dropdown-list combobox as at present. That way, the user would be able to
>specify unofficial Stata schemes, such as Sven Juul's black-and-white
>-lean- schemes. (A lot of people like to have a black and white scheme with
>no grays, because grays do not photocopy very well.)

I think the best approach is to use the naming convention outlined in
-help scheme- (Making your own scheme). For example, naming your
scheme, scheme-YourSchemeName.scheme will cause the dialog to find
that scheme and place it in the list automatically.

We will be talking to Sven Juul soon and will mention this to him. In the
meantime, you could just rename any schemes that you have installed.

-- James