Re: st: Re: graph prediction of transformed variable from regression

From   "Neil Shephard" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: graph prediction of transformed variable from regression
Date   Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:24:12 +0100

Steve

> I've tried various combinations of code from the "books" at the UCLA
> site without success.  -findit graph nonlinear- also located Jeroen
> Weesie's -graphf- from Vol 10 of STB, which might do the trick except
> that it always returns the error: "unrecognized command:  enumopt".  I
> take that to be a command used internally in the ado file which cannot
> be run or found.  The same error is returned when I prefix the command
> for Stata 7: -version 7: graphf exp exp-.
>
> In lieu of a patch that will permit this command to work in current
> Stata, can someone please suggest the steps necessary to manually make
> the partial regression plot using the untransformed units of an
> initially transformed independent variable in a multiple regression?

I can't comment on how to approach making the desired plot, but you can install the -
enumopt- routine which is part of the the package dm75 from STB-53 and also written
by Jerome Weesie

. search enumopt

or

. findit enumopt

will return the relevant links for installing the package.

HTH's

Neil

Neil Shephard
Genetics Statistician
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester

"Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it
were so it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's
logic" - Tweedledee (Alice Through the Looking Glass)