Re: st: Re: graph prediction of transformed variable from regression

From   "Neil Shephard" <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: graph prediction of transformed variable from regression
Date   Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:24:12 +0100

> I've tried various combinations of code from the "books" at the UCLA
> site without success.  -findit graph nonlinear- also located Jeroen
> Weesie's -graphf- from Vol 10 of STB, which might do the trick except
> that it always returns the error: "unrecognized command:  enumopt".  I
> take that to be a command used internally in the ado file which cannot
> be run or found.  The same error is returned when I prefix the command
> for Stata 7: -version 7: graphf exp exp-.
> In lieu of a patch that will permit this command to work in current
> Stata, can someone please suggest the steps necessary to manually make
> the partial regression plot using the untransformed units of an
> initially transformed independent variable in a multiple regression?
I can't comment on how to approach making the desired plot, but you can install the -
enumopt- routine which is part of the the package dm75 from STB-53 and also written
by Jerome Weesie

. search enumopt

. findit enumopt

will return the relevant links for installing the package.

Neil Shephard
Genetics Statistician
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester

"Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it
were so it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's
logic" - Tweedledee (Alice Through the Looking Glass)