st: updates on SSC

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: updates on SSC
Date   Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:55:10 +0100

Thanks to Kit Baum, various packages have been updated
on SSC:

-triplot- (Stata 8)
---------

-triplot- draws triangular plots. Among other
changes is a fix to a problem reported on
Statalist by Friederich Huebler in January.
This was fixed in my own version but by
an oversight not made public before now.
At least as far as I'm aware no one else has
been bitten since by this problem since then.

-psbayes- (Stata 8)
---------

I made a slight change to this program
for what has been called pseudo-Bayes smoothing
and while so doing brought program and help
file up to date to Stata 8.

At the same time, a previous version
accessible to Stata 6 or Stata 7 users
is also included in the same package as -psbayes6-,
but is otherwise frozen henceforth.

Similarly, the -triplot- package includes
a -triplot6-, the "6" being interpretable
in the same way.

As Stata grows, it should be possible
to sustain two name numbering conventions
simultaneously. That is

-foo-, -foo2-, -foo3-, etc. are
successive versions of, or variants
of, -foo-. (Often, although not