st: variable not found/bootstrapping

From   Heather Gold <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: variable not found/bootstrapping
Date   Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:49:59 -0400

Dear Fellow Listers -

I'm having trouble debugging a program. The program used to work but now something's gone wrong. (It's been about a year since I worked with this program, and I think it was in Stata 7 so I've set the version in my program, since I now use Stata 8.2.)

I keep getting "variable X not found" errors, even though when I describe or tabulate the variable, it's definitely there and without missing values.
In my program, I do have some
drop _all with set obs
commands so I can make some predictions. I also have
estimates drop _all
at the end of the program (before the -post- command), but I didn't think these would cause the variables to be dropped, only the observations, right? Also, the program runs fine without bootstrapping, so I thought it must be related to bootstrap.

I won't burden the list with the entire program unless that's necessary to help me debug this. Anyone have a similar problem before?

TIA,
Heather
*
* For searches and help try: