st: Stata SE OS X printing from do file editor loses the last page?

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata SE OS X printing from do file editor loses the last page?
Date   Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:43:07 -0500

When I print or PDF preview a 2 page .do file, I lose the second page. This happens in the latest update for Stata/SE 8.2 on the Mac OS. It's application specific since printing the same text file from another application works fine. For example, I ran the following:

. forvalues i = 1(1)100 {
2. display "line `i'"
3. }

and copied the results to the do editor. That document gets clipped at the first page, at line 56.

Or print any multi-page do file and look for the last page. Be careful about long files as Stata has a different bug (fixed in the pending version) that may crash the program. The pending version does not fix this lost page bug on my system.

-Dave

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/