Re: st: Transforming numeric to categorical (not to string!) variables

From   TEWODAJ MOGUES <[email protected]>
To   Stata _ <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Transforming numeric to categorical (not to string!) variables
Date   Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:44:21 -0400

Clive and Phil,
Thanks for your responses. Phil, the _nolabel_ option worked nicely. I didn't even have to use _sysuse_, but instead only type
edit, nolabel
and the dataset opens up with all labels invisible, and when I open the editor the normal way again, the labels are back.

Clive, I your suggestions worked, thanks. Is there a way to change the name of the label title? In your example, the variable name is COLOUR, the label title is COLOURS, and the value labels are GREEN, WHITE, etc. Suppose I wanted to rename the label title to SHADES from its original name COLOURS, but retain all the value labels as are. Is there a way to do that that?

Thank you,
Tewodaj