st: I am new in the list, (doubts on Xtabond)

From   "Lopez Noria, Gabriela" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: I am new in the list, (doubts on Xtabond)
Date   Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:57:26 +0100

My name is Gabriela Lopez.   I want to calculate total factor
productivity but in the papers I have read the authors first use the
General Method of Moments.   They run an xtabond model and take the
coefficient of the lagged dependent variable and the capital per worker
to calculate total factor productivity as a residual.  Can anyone tell
me how to do it exactly or recommend a paper or papers I can read to
understand it.

I have run several xtabond regressions to obtain the coefficients
mentioned above.   Then I calculate the total factor productivity (but I
am not sure  I am doing it correctly) to run OLS regressions using
variables of trade liberalization but I can't get good results.   What
is my problem?

The Sargan test and the statistics of first and second order
correlations are described in the xtabond regression in Stata, which
other test do I have to consider?

I hope anyone can help me, it is really urgent!!!!1