st: Re: margfx

From   jean ries <>
Subject   st: Re: margfx
Date   Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:43:06 +0200

I downloaded margfx from

after someone on this list recommended it to me. Jonah B. Gelbach is the
author, but I thought someone might be familiar with it on this list.
Oops! I guess I should have used the -ssc- command (as I so often suggest). The further question for StataCorp is why findit does not find it, since it should be pointing to any item on ssc.
-ssc- doesn't find it either:

. ssc de margfx
ssc describe: "margfx" not found at SSC, type -findit margfx-
(To find all packages at SSC that start with m, type -ssc describe m-)

I think that the problem comes from the fact that the files for margfx are located on Jonah Gelbach's website and not on a repec website. Moreover, there is no "stata.toc" on Jonah Gelbach's site, so that the only way to get margfx, is to download it manually. Indeed:

. net from
connection timed out -- see help r(2) for troubleshooting either
1) is not a valid URL, or
2) could not be contacted, or
3) is not a Stata download site (has no stata.toc file).

current site is still

-- jean

* For searches and help try: