st: RE: Dealing with string variables

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Dealing with string variables
Date   Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:57:33 +0100

After merging the files,

. list initial? if initial1 != initial2

Occasionally with this kind of data, extra
spaces creep in. So I would first do

. replace initial1 = trim(initial1)
. replace initial2 = trim(initial2)

Of course, you might have a problem. If