[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]
st: JSM is on
just a few impression words... This is what a huge conference like JSM is
about: matching well-known names / email aliases with faces. So far, I
succeded in getting this link with the fabulous -gllamm- authors, Sophia
Rabe-Hesketh and Anders Skrondal, from whom I even got an authograph on
the reduced price GLLAMM book from CRC (25% off from the publisher!)...
Rich Goldstein (whom I actually met at NASUG '01, so that does not really
count)... Ana Timberlake, who said that during the first three hours of
the conference, some four people came along and asked where Stata booth
is. Really, where is it? Of course the word of the mouth is a great idea,
but the status quo is that most people in the meeting are talking about
SAS or S-Plus/R, and Stata is not very highly visible.
Anybody else at JSM, we should have a get-together to promote Stata :)
--- Stas Kolenikov
-- Ph.D. student in Statistics at UNC-Chapel Hill
- http://www.komkon.org/~tacik/ -- Stas.Kolenikov@unc.edu
* This e-mail and all attachments to it are not intended to provide any
* reasonable point of view and was transmitted to you in error. It
* should be immediately deleted by all recipients unless they really
* enjoy communicating with the author :). Other restrictions apply.
* For searches and help try: