st: Questions about gllamm

From   barthr <>
Subject   st: Questions about gllamm
Date   Sun, 8 Aug 2004 22:23:55 -0500

I am deveoping a series of prediction models (random intercept, random
coefficient) for panel data using gllamm. Using the trace subcomand, I notice
that when gllamm first estimates model parameters, it provides results from a
likelihood ratio test and also provides a pseudo R squared value, yet it
doesn't report these values after the final iteration. Why is this the case?
Secondly, is there a way to determine how much the level 1 (random effect) and
level 2 (fixed effect) variation is explained by the model?

Barth Riley, Ph.D.
Research Assisant Professor
Dept. of Disability & Human Development
University of Illinois-Chicago