Re: st: How to rename variables by adding a suffix

From   Bill Rising <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to rename variables by adding a suffix
Date   Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:16:12 -0400

On Aug 6, 2004, at 9:04, TEWODAJ MOGUES wrote:

Dear Statalisters,

I have a simple question. How do I add a suffix to all variables in my dataset. So suppose I want the variables WHEAT, MAIZE, CEREAL to be renamed to FOOD_WHEAT, FOOD_MAIZE, and FOOD_CEREAL. I can't use the command * renpfix * because it only allows you to change one suffix for another, such as to change GRAINWHEAT to FOOD_WHEAT by typing the command

renpfix grain food_

I could do this manually, but when I want to add the suffix food to, say, 80 variables that becomes tedious. Any ideas?

Try searching the web resources for rensfix ... it does the same as renpfix, but for the end of the names.

Bill