st: Re: Stata query

From   Christopher F Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Stata query
Date   Fri, 6 Aug 2004 08:15:05 -0400

On Aug 6, 2004, at 2:33 AM, James wrote:

This might seem like a simple/strange issue to be having with Stata, but I'm
trying to create a text file with results that are saved in memory. At the
moment I'm creating a log file and quietly displaying to the log in
comma-separated format, which later allows me to read in the log file using
the 'insheet' command. I'm sure there's a better way to do this. One thing
that is making my life difficult are the headers and footers that Stata
automatically attaches to its log files. My question is this: Is there a way
to prevent Stata from placing headers and footers in log files?
Don't know, but I would handle this with the file command, which gives you complete control over what goes in the output file. Look at the source of outtable (on ssc) as an example.

Kit

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/