st: re: [accessing globals after a program]

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: re: [accessing globals after a program]
Date   Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:12:58 +0100

I'm splitting this and giving names to the different
questions.

Thurlow, James

> Question 2
> I have an ADO file (poverty.ado) that creates global
> parameters at the end
> of its execution. In its help file the ADO refers to having saved the
> results in these global parameters. My question is this: Is
> there a way to
> access saved results (global parameters) after a macro has finished
> executing and returned to the main program?

Philippe Van Kerm's poverty.ado creates global macros with names
like S_1, etc.

. mac li

shows them all and a command like

. di $S_1

shows individual global macros.

Perhaps you're referring to somebody else's poverty.ado.
If so, the first command should also work. The second
command will require the correct name.

N.B. in Stata terminology, "macro" is not a synonym for
"program".