st: re: Stata query

From   "Thurlow, James (IFPRI)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: re: Stata query
Date   Thu, 05 Aug 2004 06:47:56 -0700

Question 1
This might seem like a simple/strange issue to be having with Stata, but I'm
trying to create a text file with results that are saved in memory. At the
moment I'm creating a log file and quietly displaying to the log in
comma-separated format, which later allows me to read in the log file using
the 'insheet' command. I'm sure there's a better way to do this. One thing
that is making my life difficult are the headers and footers that Stata
automatically attaches to its log files. My question is this: Is there a way
to prevent Stata from placing headers and footers in log files?

Question 2
I have an ADO file (poverty.ado) that creates global parameters at the end
of its execution. In its help file the ADO refers to having saved the
results in these global parameters. My question is this: Is there a way to
access saved results (global parameters) after a macro has finished
executing and returned to the main program?

Thanks
James

Development Strategies and Governance Division
International Food Policy Research Institute
2033 K Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20006 U.S.A.
Phone: +1.202.862.8104
Fax: +1.202.467.4439