st: new: collapse2

From   "David Roodman" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: new: collapse2
Date   Tue, 3 Aug 2004 20:50:43 -0400

I've just released an augented version of Stata's collapse command, called collapse2. The only change is that there are now four new "aggregation" operators:

first --   first observation in group
last  --   last
firstnm -- first non-missing
lastnm  -- last non-missing

Data must be tsset to use the operators. I find these convenient for example for converting a panel data set with annual observations to one with decadal observations where I need such variables as initial
GDP and initial population.

To install, type "ssc install collapse2". Comments welcome.

David Roodman
Center for Global Development