Re: st: RE: Suggestion for an added graph feature

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Suggestion for an added graph feature
Date   Tue, 03 Aug 2004 11:48:23 -0500

Dear Nick,

Thanks for your reply and the reply of the others. Maybe I wasn't clear enough as to what I wanted, nothing quite so heinous as "information that Stata can't guarantee to make sense of." Rather, I was thinking of an addition that was equivalent to -label data- or -notes _dta-. Ideally, it could be an option so it wouldn't inflate the size of the file unless requested. If the option was requested it would save the graph command and the path/filename.

Saving the information in a do file as Richard Stoll suggests is, of course, another way to do this, as is saving the information in a note attached to the .dta file.

Fred

Fred