st: est table --- problem with keep(list_of_variables)

From   Fredrik Wallenberg <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: est table --- problem with keep(list_of_variables)
Date   Sun, 1 Aug 2004 20:45:30 -0700

I have been using Ben Jann's excelllent package -estout- for a while
now. I reported a bug to him in his latest implementation and he told
me that he is in turn relying on -estimates table- for that part of
his code and, thus, any change must have happened there.

I used to be able to specify the variables I wanted to include using
keep() with a list of variables. I have working examples (well, they
used to work) of lists that include Abbreviated variable names (Var1
instead of Var1_has_this_name), Range of names (var3-var8) and
Wildcards (HHvar*).

None of these options work in -estout- anymore, nor do they work in
-estimates table-. I wish I could prove that this used to work, but
don't have an old installation of Stata on which to do it. I know that
"bugs" usually are user errors, but I have reason to suspect that
there is something else going on here.

Thoughs/Suggestions?

Fredrik