st: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: panel data command

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: panel data command
Date   Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:26:04 +0100

I don't find searching the whole site very efficient.
As Michael Blasnik implied, -reshape- is a key command, so
you will get lots of hits.

If you select to search Stata FAQs or go straight
to the FAQs it is usually more efficient.

An even better way to do it is to -search- within
Stata. That always points straight at relevant FAQs.

Again this advice itself is in the Statalist FAQ:

====================
Before posting, consider other ways of finding information:

the manual

the online help for Stata

search can tell you about all built-in Stata commands, all ado-files published in Stata Technical Bulletins or the Stata Journal, and all FAQs on the Stata web site, www.stata.com.
findit can tell you about not only all of the above, but also about user-written Stata programs available on the Internet.

your local Stata expert or technical support person

past issues of the Stata Technical Bulletin or Stata Journal, if accessible

the authors of user-written ado-files (who usually have email addresses, but are not always members of Statalist)

Stata technical support, if it is really a question for them