Re: st: time-series update available

From   "Michael S. Hanson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: time-series update available
Date   Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:04:36 -0400

On Jul 26, 2004, at 3:26 PM, Alan Riley wrote:

Before I explain what went wrong, Michael should try to update
again; it will work now:

   . update executable

   . update swap
Indeed, it does. (Or did -- on a lark, I tried it about 1/2 hour ago, and at that time the update went through. Then I saw your very clear and helpful message.)

It is that checksum file along with the fact that Michael has
previously done a -set checksum on- that caused the error.
I suspect that is correct. Nice detective work (from my perspective at least!).

A workaround for Michael would have been to -set checksum off-
before performing the update.  However, since .tgz files in effect
have a checksum built in, we felt that the .sum file in the
directory where the .tgz files are stored was unnecessary and
have removed it.
Thanks. For future reference, now that the executable is in a .tgz format, is the -checksum- setting superfluous in Mac OS X?

-- Mike

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/