Re: st: time-series update available

From   "Michael S. Hanson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: time-series update available
Date   Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:40:37 -0400

On Jul 25, 2004, at 9:52 PM, David M. Drukker, StataCorp wrote:

A substantial update to Stata 8's time-series capabilities is now available.

	[snip]
This update is available free of charge: in Stata, just type

	. update query

for instructions about how to download the software and the help files.
When I tried to update my copy of Stata/SE 8 today, I ran into a problem. The ado files appear to have updated correctly, but not the executable. After each of several attempts, I get the following error message:

. update executable
(contacting http://www.stata.com)

Executable update log
1. verifying "/Applications/Stata/" is writeable
2. downloading new executable
file transmission error (checksums do not match)
http://www.stata.com/updates3/mac_se.osx/StataSE.tgz not copied
r(639);

I realize the purpose of this list is not tech support, but I'd appreciate any assistance while I wait for my local IT staff to investigate. Thanks in advance.

-- Mike

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/