Re: st: Confidence intervals using svymean

Subject   Re: st: Confidence intervals using svymean
Date   Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:41:17 -0400 (EDT)

Joao Pedro W. de Azevedo wrote

> I would like to know if anyone knows how I could save the confidence
> intervals after using svymean.
> I've tried both ereturn list and return list, and neither one of them
> presented me matrix that reseambled either the confidence intervals or
> the std erros.
> Am I missing something?

What exactly do you mean by "saving" the CIs?

Roger Newson suggested the package -parmest- that writes the results of
the latest estimation into Stata dataset.

May be it's too basic, but if you need something simpler, like having
access to those statistics in your do-files, or something of that kind,
then you can use either _b[varname] and _se[varname] notation for the
point estimates and the standard errors, or e(b) and e(V) matrices that
you can also -matrix get- after the estimation.

sysuse auto
svyset [pw=trunk] , psu(rep78)
svymean leng
di _b[len]
di _se[len]
mat b = get(_b)
mat V = get(VCE)
mat li b
mat li V

BTW is there an appropriate toy data set for survey examples?

 ---                                    Stas Kolenikov
 --       Ph.D. student in Statistics at UNC-Chapel Hill
 - http://www.komkon.org/~tacik/  -- [email protected]

* This e-mail and all attachments to it are not intended to provide any
* reasonable point of view and was transmitted to you in error. It
* should be immediately deleted by all recipients unless they really
* enjoy communicating with the author :). Other restrictions apply.