RE: st: Nice tables

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Nice tables
Date   Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:12:50 +0100

I think Ginger's posting encapsulates the
main moral here, reluctant although
people may be to identify it and accept it.

Ginger's code shows how you can use Stata
to customise output, in terms of what you
want, how you want it, and where you
want to put it. Ginger's choices clearly
are not everybody's: for example,
Ginger likes stars, whereas many statistical
people can't abide them; Ginger is thinking
of output to some part of MS Office,
which many Stata people don't use, etc.

Some Stata users seem to ask questions
like these on the assumption that
there may be -- or should be -- some
program (-niceoutput-, say) which delivers
what you really want so long as you
can understand its syntax. There is
such a program, but it's called Stata.
Or, there are various programs of