RE: st: Re: Ordplot interpretation

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Re: Ordplot interpretation
Date   Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:18:32 +0100

I see no error in the original here.

-encode- unleashed on a string
variable with values "low" "medium"
"high" maps "high" to 1, "low" to
2 and "medium" to 3, unless you
specify a different set of labels via
the -label()- option.

Quite simply, I can't think of any reason to
use that mapping. A sensible mapping
must take account of the meanings
of the words, not their alphabetical
order.