st: variance components from random-effects ANOVA?

From   Alex Gamma <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: variance components from random-effects ANOVA?
Date   Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:05:45 +0200

Dear list,

I'm using STATA 8.2 on Macintosh, and I'm looking for a way to get estimates of variance components out of a random effects ANOVA. While I understand that the -loneway- command includes variance component estimates in its output for one-way random-effects ANOVA, I'd like to know whether these estimates can also be obtained for two-way and higher-order ANOVA with random effects? I have looked all over the place, the manual, net resources incl. the statalist archives, but to no avail. Is it the case that I have to compute the variance component estimates manually from the Mean Squares?

Many thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Gamma, Ph.D.
University Hospital of Psychiatry Zurich

email: [email protected]
Tel: ++411 384 2635
Fax: ++411 384 2446

*