st: Updated -oprobpr- on SSC

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   Stata List <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Updated -oprobpr- on SSC
Date   Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:51:42 -0400

Thanks to Kit Baum, a much-updated verson of my -oprobpr- program is available from the SSC archive. For information, type

. ssc describe oprobpr

This program plots predicted probabilities from ordered-dependent variable models (oprobit, ologit, mlogit, and their svy cousins) against values of one of the covariates in the model, holding other covariates constant at their means or at other specified values. The updated version now makes use of Stata 8 graphics. The program has also become a post-estimation, so you run it after running your -oprobit/ologit/mlogit- model; this makes it work more like -avplot- and other post-estimation graphics commands.

As a side note, revising this program made me realize the true beauty of version 8 -graph-'s handling of options--the program sets various default titles, labels, notes, legends, adn the like, which you can modify or replace as you like.

The version 7 version of -oprobpr- lives on as oprobpr7.

Cheers,

Nicholas Winter 607.255.8819 t
Assistant Professor 607.255.4530 f
Department of Government [email protected] e
308 White Hall falcon.arts.cornell.edu/nw53 w
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853-4601
*
* For searches and help try: