st: Producing a matrix of histograms

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Producing a matrix of histograms
Date   Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:22:45 -0400

Hi, good people

I'd like to look at a series of histograms using a 'matrix' approach. What I actually want to do is to look at a response variable over a number of strata on one sheet of A4. For example, I'd like to look blood pressure by age group (4 levels) and social-economic status (5 levels) (of course, this is a rather simplified description of the actual problem). I could, of course, print out 20 histograms, but is it possible to print all these histograms on one page (for our purposes, the general shape (and differences) is what's important rather than specific details (which are, of course, also of interest) So basically, what I'd like is a 'matrix' of histograms with on one axis 'age' and on the other 'social economic status'. Is this possible? Failing that, is it possible to have a one row 'vector' of histograms for the lowest age group with other vectors for each of the other age groups?

I look forward to hearing any reactions. And I thank you.

Regards

Joseph McDonnell

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.