st: macro problem

From   "Andrea Molinari" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: macro problem
Date   Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:33:04 +0100

Dear all,

I'm (also!) trying to run a very very simple macro to save me writing lots
of regressors every time I change the specification, but it does not seem to
be working when I run it on my do-file.  Ideally, I'd want to define a local
for each specification, but for now I need to have a core model and then add
more variables.

I'm writing:
local grav lrgdp95m lrgdp95x lrgdp95pcm lrgdp95pcx adj lingtie ldist eumxc

regress lrebilm `grav'

(and also tried local grav "lrgdp95m lrgdp95x lrgdp95pcm lrgdp95pcx adj
lingtie ldist eumxc")

But the macro is not interpreted when I'm running it from the do file (it
does work either way when I type it on the Stata Command window).

I guess I should be missing something in my do file, but can't figure out
what it may be. Any suggestions are more than welcomed!

Thanks,
Andrea