Re: st: RE: foreach syntax

From   Devra Golbe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: foreach syntax
Date   Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:41:48 -0400

Thanks, but that was just an unfortunate typo in my e-mail. Here's exactly the code which failed. Note the input line fails before I even get to the save. I've just checked (again) that the files are where I think they are (ie, d:\Data\CGSData\owner00r.wb2 does exist.) Sorry for not being clear the first time.

******
inputst d:\Data\CGSData\owner00r.wb2
. clear

. local files "owner00r owner99r owner93r"
. foreach file of local files {
2. clear
3. inputst d:\Data\CGSData\`file'.wb2
4. capture save d:\Data\CGSData\`file', replace
5. }
Stat/Transfer did not run successfully
file not found
r(601);

******
. inputst d:\Data\CGSData\owner00r.wb2
. clear

. local files "owner00r owner99r owner93r"
. foreach file of local files {
2. clear
3. inputst "d:\Data\CGSData\`file'.wb2"
4. capture save "d:\Data\CGSData\`file'", replace
5. }
Stat/Transfer did not run successfully
file not found
r(601);