Re: st: Generating LaTeX code from more than one model

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Generating LaTeX code from more than one model
Date   Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:53:23 +0100

At 03:49 22/07/2004, Shige Song wrote:
Dear All,

I want to produce a table in LaTeX that compares three to four regression
models, including regression coefficients, standard errors, R square, etc.
Is ther a way in Stata to automate this process? I know that State has
quite a few routines to help LaTeX users, I also understand that in the
single model case, one can simply use "outtex" command. But it is not
immediately clear how to generalize this to cases that involve more than
one models.
I would use -parmest-, -dsconcat- and -listtex-. Both of these packages are downloadable from SSC. -parmest- creates an output dataset (or resultsset) with 1 observation per model parameter and data on estimates, confidence limits, P-values and other parameter attributes (optionally including R squared). -dsconcat- concatenates multiple datasets (or interesting subsets of multiple datasets) into the memory. -listtex- inputs the resultsset and produces a LaTeX, plain TeX, HTML or word processor table.

Papers and presentations about how to use -parmest-, -dsconcat- and -listtex- can be found on my website at

http://www.kcl-phs.org.uk/rogernewson/

which can be accessed either using a browser or from within Stata by typing

net from http://www.kcl-phs.org.uk/rogernewson/

and then exploring subfolders.

I hope this helps.

Roger

--
Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics

Tel: 020 7848 6648 International +44 20 7848 6648
Fax: 020 7848 6620 International +44 20 7848 6620
or 020 7848 6605 International +44 20 7848 6605
Email: [email protected]
Website: http://www.kcl-phs.org.uk/rogernewson

Opinions expressed are those of the author, not the institution.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/