Re: st: how to transfer stata to new machine

From   David Kantor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to transfer stata to new machine
Date   Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:36:46 -0400

To Toshinari:

I'm no expert, but I expect that you need to install Stata on the new machine. Then, transfer any ado programs you have to the new machine, as well as a profile.do, if you have one. Also, downloaded programs (from SSC) may need to be re-downloaded; they may have already come along with your ado files.

Other features such as windowing preferences and items that you set permanently (such as logtype) you probably have to set manually.

-- David