st: RE: Re: log file and page numbers

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: log file and page numbers
Date   Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:46:23 +0100

Not so. There are lots of ways to do
this outside MS Word, which is just as well
given the Stata users who don't have it or
won't use it on moral or other grounds.

For example, my favourite text editor will
paginate without breaking sweat.

But I agree with the spirit of this posting.
I'd see this as a job for downstream
processing -- and one where you should take
control.

Mind you, long time ago, Stata had an add-on
to format Stata logs...

Andrea Molinari

> I think the only way you can do this is by opening the *.log
> file in word,
> insert page numbers, and then save as Word document...

Grote, Veit Dr.