st: "total" bar for bar chart

From   <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: "total" bar for bar chart
Date   Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:10:53 -0600

Hello all --
I am using Intercooled, version 8.2.  I am generating a
horizontal bar (mean) chart w/ ten bars and I want an eleventh
bar to denote the total across the ten categories, e.g. the
grand mean.  My first inclination was to generate eleven
'yvars' (the eleventh bar is the 'total') and option the -gr
hbar- command w/ -ascategory- but I find that this approach is
rather cumbersome and, not to mention, unable to differentiate
the colors of the bars via the -bar- option.  The approach I'm
presently using is the -asyvars- option, albeit I cannot
determine if (and how) a 'total' bar can be generated w/ this
approach.  The first line of my code is presented thus,
-gr hbar (mean) score, over(order_f03) asyvars bargap(30)
ytick(0(5)100) ylabel(0(10)100)-
With the above code, I can change the bar colors (desirable)
and add text inside the bars (desirable), although my 'total'
bar is to be desired.  Does anyone have any ideas or
suggestions??
Many Thanks!
--Clint Thompson