st: model with censored dependent variable and binary endogenous variable

From   Malgosia Madajewicz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: model with censored dependent variable and binary endogenous variable
Date   Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:08:38 -0400

Dear list members,

could anyone offer any advice about estimating a model in which the dependent variable is censored and which has a binary endogenous variable? The dependent variable takes both positive and negative values, but has a mass at 0. I also need to use pweights and estimate clustered standard errors (I'm using survey data).

I realize that 2SLS is inconsistent in this case. Is there an existing program which will produce a consistent estimator or does anyone have any advice about how to write such a program?

Please let me know if more details about the model would be helpful.

Thanks so much for the help,

Malgosia

Assistant Professor of Economics and International Affairs
Columbia University
SIPA
IAB 1304, MC 3323
420 West 118th Street