st: viewing variable labels

From   "Sarah A. Mustillo" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: viewing variable labels
Date   Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:06:02 -0400

I know I am overlooking something obvious, but I cannot figure this out:

I have interviewers doing quality control on recently entered data by listening to tapes of interviews and comparing the responses on the tapes to the entered responses. They are using the browse window to do this. Today they asked me if they could view the variable labels instead of the variable names to make it easier to follow the interview and check responses.

This sounds easy enough, but I cannot figure out a way to do this! I thought there might be an option with browse, list, outsheet, etc. to display the labels, but I can't find one. I've done a net search for user-written ados, with no luck there either.

How can we look at the data with labels instead of variable names?

Thanks -

Sarah

--
Sarah A. Mustillo, Ph.D
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences

919 687-4686 x231
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/