Re: st: Announcing Sasst--SAS-to-Stata translation

From   Dan Blanchette <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Announcing Sasst--SAS-to-Stata translation
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:39:33 -0400 (EDT)

As the author of the SAS/Stata transer tools: savastata SAS macro, -savasas-, and -usesas-,
I'd like to say that I'm very interested in Sasst.  My programs are free to download
from the SSC archive:
http://ideas.repec.org/s/boc/bocode.html
 or for the most up to date versions:
http://www.cpc.unc.edu/services/computer/presentations/sas_to_stata

I'd also like to mention to anyone in need of reading in a raw data file using SAS
code who also has a working copy of SAS, you can use my command -usesas- to read
the file directly into Stata.

. ssc install usesas

. usesas using "RawFile_input.sas"

My programs work on Windows, Unix or Linux but do require that you have both SAS and
Stata working on the same machine.

If you have SAS, the savastata SAS macro can be run with the "messy" option so that
it creates a raw data file (ASCII) and a Stata input do-file.

I look forward to learning more about Sasst.

Dan Blanchette
Applications Analyst Programmer
Carolina Population Center UNC-CH
[email protected]