st: Accessing many estimation results

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Accessing many estimation results
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:06:05 +0200

Title: storing many estimation results

I am trying to store and access the estimation results from many regression runs that I am conducting.  I have tried using estsave two different ways, both with problems:

1) I have given the variable created by estsave a single name.  This has the obvious problem of displaying only the results from the latest regression run.  The code I used is

regress log_BMI year midage midage2 midage3 ageyear if id == `svy'

                        estsave , gen(reg_1)

2) I have given the variable created by estsave a new name for each run.  The code I used is

regress log_BMI year midage midage2 midage3 ageyear if id == `svy'

                        estsave , gen(reg_`svy')

However, when I try to access the results of a particular run, I get the following error

. estsave , from(reg_1)

esample() invalid

r(221);

How can I get around this problem?  My ideal is to have all the regression coefficients together in a way that allows me to quickly cut and paste them for display purposes.

Thanks!