Re: st: [Fwd: Help with a graphing problem]

From   Suzy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: [Fwd: Help with a graphing problem]
Date   Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:09:06 -0400

i got your test e-mail.

Jon Ebeling wrote:

I sent this note out yesterday, and I noticed that I did not get it on my download from the server. I'm testing this to find out if there is a problem with my connection with the server.

If anyone gets this please just let me know if you got the message.

thanks

Jon Ebeling

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Help with a graphing problem
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 16:15:40 -0800
From: Jon Ebeling <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]

Can someone out there in stataland, tell me why this is not working?

I"ve taken it from the latest book by Lawrence Hamilton, Statistics with Stata 8. I"ve used his books for teaching stata for ten years it seems. This problem, however, has me baffled. If someone has a thought on what is wrong I'd appreciate it.

graph twoway scatter f1 f2, yline(0) xline(0) mlabel(planet) mlabsize(medsmall) ylabel(, angle(horizontal)) xlabel ( -1.5 ( -.5 ) 1.5, grid)
option xlabel() not allowed invalid syntax
r(198);

The horizonatal scales runs from a -2.0 to a 2.0. The actual values of the factor scores, however, are between -1.5 and a positive 1.5. So I'm a bit lost on this one. I can't figure out why the response is xlabel not allowed.

thanks for any help you might provide.

jon ebeling

*
* For searches and help try: