st: RE: Test for endogeneity in probit regressions

From   "Alexander Tsai" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Test for endogeneity in probit regressions
Date   Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:44:41 -0400

Hi Axel,

-probexog- is another option. It computes a test of exogeneity for probit
regressions proposed by Smith and Blundell:

Smith, Richard J., Blundell, Richard W., An exogeneity test for a
simultaneous
        equation Tobit model with an application to labor supply.
Econometrica,
        1986, 54:4, 679-686.

Regarding the augmented regression test approach: I haven't really looked
into this, but there is a paper by Bollen, Guilkey and Mroz, "Binary
outcomes and endogenous explanatory variables: tests and solutions with an
application to the demand for contraceptive use in Tunisia". Demography Feb
1995 32(1): 111-131. In this paper they did something like the augmented
regression test approach. They also cite a paper by Rivers and Vuong,
"Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit
models". Journal of Econometrics 1988 39: 347-366. Like I said, I haven't
really looked into either of these papers, but they might be helpful for
your work.

Cheers,
Alex