Re: Re: st: Comparing pweighted models with cluster option

From   "SURAN, LUCIANA" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: Re: st: Comparing pweighted models with cluster option
Date   Mon, 5 Jul 2004 12:00:06 -0400

Dear Statalist,
I can see why I cannot use the LR test when running a model using ML estimation, but how
can I run the actual test (i.e. Wald or adjusted Wald)? I am trying to ascertain whether the
addition of new variables significantly increases the explanatory power of the (logistic) model,
but I do not know how to run the correct test.

Thank you,
 Luciana Suran

At 06:16 PM 6/30/2004 -0400, SURAN, LUCIANA wrote:

	> Dear Statalist,
	>
	> I see that I can't use the "lrtest" option when comparing models that are "pweight"-ed and have the cluster option. Does anyone know if/how this can be done in STATA?
	>
	> Thank you very much,
	> Luciana Suran

There is some discussion of this on p. 28 of the Stata 8 Survey Data Manual. It says that "pseudo-maximum likelihood methods" (which get used with robust standard errors) are not "true likelihoods" and hence "standard LR tests are no longer valid".

For more, see the FAQ "Why should I not do a likelihood-ratio test after an ML estimation (e.g., logit, probit) with clustering or pweights?" at

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/lrtest.html

Other related FAQs are at

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/#robust

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463