st: quantile regression with sample selection

From   fatma bircan <>
Subject   st: quantile regression with sample selection
Date   Mon, 05 Jul 2004 13:56:50 +0300

Fatma Bircan
Middle East Technical University
Department of Economics

I like to do quantile regression analysis for returns to education. I
read a paper by Moche Buchinsky "Quantile regression with sample
selection: estimating women returns to education in the U.S." where he
developed a sample selection procedure ( a non parametric method
similar to one developed by Heckman (1980 and Newey (1991)). I want to
use his technique in Stata. Can anyone help me with this technic? Is
there a stata module for this procedure or can anyone help me
constructing this selection equation in stata format step by step?

I also need help with the quantile regression. Stata does that But any
help with defining dependent variable in terms of quantiles will be

Thank you