st: RE: cnsreg with panel daya

From   "Scott Merryman" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: cnsreg with panel daya
Date   Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:27:40 -0500

A few ides for question 1:

1. Generate dummies and then use -cnsreg-

2. Use Jeroen Weesie's -linest- with -xtreg-

3. Since you are estimating a production function, you might find Stata's
-frontier-, -xtfrontier-, or -levpet- (from SJ4-2) commands useful.  Both
-frontier- and -xtfrontier- allow linear constraints.

Hope this helps,

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Padraig Dixon
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 8:44 AM
Subject: st: cnsreg with panel daya

Dear List members

I am a new Stata user and have two related questions concerning constrained
regression in panel data setttings.

1)  My first question:  Is it possible to estimated xtreg commands using
cnsreg, or are there other ways of estimating constrained linear panel
models?  (For economists on the list, the example I have in mind is of
imposing the constraint of constant returns to scale on a panel production