st: Compare predicted survival function with the observed

From   "Adriana Soares Sales" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Compare predicted survival function with the observed
Date   Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:12:48 -0300

Dear Statalisters,

I have estimated a piece-wise constant exponential model using streg. My doubts are: 1) How could I test the predictive power of the model? Could I compare the predicted survival function with the observed (Kaplan-Meier estimate)? I have tried to use the Stata macro stexpect downloadable from SSC but I do not undertang what "ratevar" means. I do not have a threshold probability that I should use, so I think that I could get it using sts gen km=s. Is that correct? 2) After using stexpect and getting the output, what I have to do?

Regards,
Adriana

<<winmail.dat>>