Re: st: Data file details

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Data file details
Date   Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:48:12 -0500

Leonelo Bautista <[email protected]> asks:

> Is there a way to see what data file Stata is using at any time? I mean, a
> way to see the first 5-6 lines produced by "describe", without the details
> on the variables in the data file.

Type
        describe, short

or, with allowed abbreviations you could instead type

        d, s

If you only wanted to know the name of current data file in use
you could type

	display c(filename)

There are many other things available in c().  Type

        creturn list

for all of them.

Ken Higbee    [email protected]
StataCorp     1-800-STATAPC