st: Estimating sqreg without a constant

From (Puja Vasudeva)
Subject   st: Estimating sqreg without a constant
Date   Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:43:19 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

I am trying to estimate a quantile regression of wages on a host of explanatory variables but without a constant term. The explanatory variables include the full set of industry dummies that serve as fixed effects in the absence of a constant. The primary motivation is to obtain an inter-quantile range for industry dummies.

I have looked at the qreg and sqreg and tried to modify the ado files (saved separately from the original ado-files) by including the noconstant option after the regress commands but I'm not sure this is correct and can find no way to check this. Would be very grateful for suggestions!

DPhil student
Department of Economics
University of Sussex
Falmer, Brighton BN1 9SN