st: Statistics (non-Stata) for geneticians, biostatisticians and the likes

From   "Guillaume Frechette" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Statistics (non-Stata) for geneticians, biostatisticians and the likes
Date   Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:34:22 +0000

Hello everyone, sorry for the non-Stata question but I thought some of you might know this (given who uses Stata the most).

I would like a test to determine if a subject (for which I have repeated measures of the same variable, I am interested in tests for both continuous and binary variables) is statistically "more similar" to a group than to another. I figured people working in genetics must do this kind of test all the time. (Something like does gene x of a random male correlate to that of other males more than to that of females.) Can anyone direct me to a Stata command to do this or ressources such as books or articles that would discuss such tests.

Thanks in advance.

Best,