st: -xtline- and -recast()-

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: -xtline- and -recast()-
Date   Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:47:17 +0200

Dear all,

I am probably missing something, but

sysuse xtline1
tsset person day
xtline calories, recast(scatter)

does not work. It gives the error "option recast() not allowed". From the help file, though, I got the impression that the option was allowed:

"See the recast() option discussed in help advanced_options for information on
how to plot spikes, bars, etc., instead of lines."

In my application, the line is rather confusing, so I would really like to change it to something else. I am using an up-to-date Stata v. 8.2.
Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance,
best regards,

Eva Poen