st: Fixed effects prediction

From   "Andrea Molinari" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Fixed effects prediction
Date   Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:58:32 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

I am estimating a Fixed Effects model and then extracting the predicted
fixed effects from there. I know that 'statistically speaking' it is not
possible to extract a sampling variance from a prediction, but I was
wondering whether this is at all possible, or if anyone has come across
anything like that before?
I need this sampling variance to weight the fixed effects into a second
Thanks very much for any suggestions!

Andrea Molinari
DPhil candidate in Economics
University of Sussex