RE: st: RE: How to find Max value.

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: How to find Max value.
Date   Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:22:42 +0100

Thank you for the further detail. However,
if I understand correctly, you are asking a
very strange question here. Since -mf-
(presumably -rf- is the same thing or similar)
is measured to 1 or 2 decimal
places, the maximum is quite likely to be unique
for each subset (time and temperature), and the percent equal to the
maximum will just be 100 / number in subset.
Fortuitously, you may get tied values, but
it is difficult to believe that their frequency
would reflect properties of statistical
or scientific interest. In addition, if you attempt
to count how many values are equal to the maximum,
you are likely to run into the precision problems
detailed at [U] 16.10.

Providing Stata code would just be giving
you the means of doing something bizarre,
I believe.

Syed O Masood